SYNONYM a shy person ; a quiet person who does not find it easy to talk to other people.
EXAMPLE Challenge your inner introvert to attend the social functions.
Next : infiltrationPrevious : extrovert
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Divide between ( ভাগ করা (দুটি বা দুজন) ) Divide the apple between Raqib and Shafique.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Smile on ( অনুগ্রহ করা ) Fortune smiled on him.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- At bay ( কোনঠাসা ) The tiger was at bay in the bush.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.