SYNONYM a shy person ; a quiet person who does not find it easy to talk to other people.
EXAMPLE Challenge your inner introvert to attend the social functions.
Next : infiltrationPrevious : extrovert
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Rid of ( মুক্ত হওয়া ) Get rid of bad company.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Lacking in ( অভাব আছে এমন ) He is lacking in courage.
- Complain against ( অভিযোগ করা (অন্য ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Wanting in ( বিহীন ) He is wanting in common sense.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.