Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.