Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Weak in ( কাঁচা ) He is weak in Mathematics.
- Satisfied with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am satisfied with him or I am satisfied of the truth.
- Respond to ( উত্তর দেওয়া ) Nobody responded to my call.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- In the mean time ( ইতিমধ্যে ) Lila will come here to-night. In the mean time you should get her room ready.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- a rotten apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few rotten apples.
- By chance ( দৈবাৎ ) I met him on the way by chance.
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )