Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Enquire into ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Tired of ( ক্লান্ত ) I am Tired of doing the same thing day after day.
- Faith with ( বিশ্বাস (ভঙ্গ) ) He broke faith with me.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- Through thick and thin ( বাধা বিপত্তির মধ্য দিয়ে ) Reveka followed her husband through thick and thin.
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions