Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Liking for ( রুচি ) She has a liking for music.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Nip in the bud ( অঙ্কুরে বিনষ্ট করা ) All his hopes were nipped in the bud.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions