Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Quarrel for ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Essential to ( অত্যাবশ্যক ) Food is essential to health.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.