Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Differ with ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- Congratulate on ( অভিনন্দিত করা ) I congratulate you on your success.
- Liable to ( দায়ী ) He is liable to fine for his misconduct.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- At least ( অন্ততঃ ) At least one hundred boys will come to school today.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.