Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Warn of ( সতর্ক করা ) He warned me of the danger.
- Parallel to ( সমান্তরাল ) This line is parallel to that.
- Justice to ( ন্যায় বিচার ) We should do justice to everybody.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Feel for ( সহানুভূতি অনুভব করা ) I feel for you in your trouble.
- Rejoice in ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced in her success.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions