Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Count for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) His advice counts for nothing.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- Birds eye view ( মোটামোটি ধারণা ; এক নজর ) He took a bird’s eye view of the flood-stricken area from an aeroplane.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.