Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Sentence to ( দন্ডাদেশ দেওয়া ) He was sentenced to death for murder.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions