Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Occupied in ( নিয়োজিত ) He is occupied in writing a letter.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Blush with (for) ( লজ্জায় রাঙা হওয়া ) She blushed with shame.
- Escape by ( রক্ষা করা ) He escaped by a hair breadth.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.