Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.