Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Smell of ( গন্ধ দেয় ) This glass smells of wine.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- Stick to ( দৃঢ়ভাবে লেগে থাকা ) He sticks to his decision.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- cringing flatterer ( খঁয়ের খা )
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- tickled pink ( খুব খুশি করানো ) She was tickled pink by the good news.