Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Agree with ( একমত হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) I agree with you on this point
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.