Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Marry to ( বিবাহ দেওয়া ) He married his daughter to a rich man.
- Divide between ( ভাগ করা (দুটি বা দুজন) ) Divide the apple between Raqib and Shafique.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Depend on ( নির্ভর করা ) Success depends on hard work.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.