Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- hold your horses ( সবুর করা ; ধৈর্য ধরা ) Hold your horses in trouble, you will get your reward.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- Carry the day ( জয়লাভ করা ) Rajib, the best player of the school, carried the day in the annual sports.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions