Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Zealous for ( আগ্রহী ) He is zealous for improvement.
- Excel in ( তুলনামূলক ভাবে সুন্দর হওয়া ) He excels in painting.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Achilles heel ( দুর্বলতা বা ত্রুটি ) He is trying to hide but everybody knows his achilles' heel
- Above all ( প্রধানত ; সর্বোপরি ) We should be kind, polite, and above all honest.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.