Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Accompanied with ( একসঙ্গে ঘটা ) He has fever accompanied with headache.
- slap on the wrist ( মৃদু শাস্তি ) Although he broke the rules, he was only given a slap on the wrist
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- In force ( বলবৎ ) This law is in force now.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions