Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Supply to ( যোগান দেওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He supplied food to us.
- Charge with ( অভিযোগ করা (ত্রুটি) ) He was charged with theft.
- Open at ( উন্মুক্ত করা বা খোলা ) Open at page 20 of English book.
- Inquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I inquired of him about the matter.
- Die in ( মারা যাওয়া (শান্তি) ) Let me die in peace.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- be in ones bad books ( কারও অপ্রিয় হওয়া )
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.