Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Deprived of ( বঞ্চিত ) He was deprived of his property.
- Part from ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (ব্যক্তি) ) He parted form his friend.
- Agree on ( একমত হওয়া (নির্দিষ্ট বিষয়) ) I am agree on this point.
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.