Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Endowed with ( ভূষিত ) He is endowed with talents.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Deprived of ( বঞ্চিত ) He was deprived of his property.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.