Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Prompt in ( চটপটে (উত্তর) ) He is prompt in his answer.
- Accused of ( অভিযুক্ত ) He is accused of corruption.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Faithful to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) The dog is faithful to his master.
- Inquire about ( অনুসন্ধান করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) I inquired of him about (into) the matter.
- In a hurry ( তাড়াহুড়ার মধ্যে ) Don't do the work in a hurry.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- put the cart before the horse ( স্বাভাবিক অবস্থা উলটাইয়া দেওয়া ; অস্বাভাবিক অবস্থা পরিণত করা )
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.