Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- Partial to ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He is partial to his son.
- Familiar with ( সুপরিচিত ) He is familiar with my brother.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.