Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Die for ( মারা যাওয়া (কারণ) ) He died for his country.
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- In black and white ( লিখিতভাবে ) Put down the statement in black and white.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- All at once ( হঠাৎ ) All at once a tiger came out of the forest.