Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Look into ( অনুসন্ধান করা ) I am looking into the matter.
- Tide over ( অতিক্রম করা ) He will soon tide over the difficulty.
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Smile on ( অনুগ্রহ করা ) Fortune smiled on him.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Far and wide ( সর্বত্র ) His fame as a scholar spread far and wide
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.