Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Suffer from ( কষ্ট পাওয়া ) He is suffering from fever.
- Hard at ( উদ্যমী ) He is hard at work before examination.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Divide into ( বিভক্ত করা (অংশ) ) It was divided into several parts.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- At once finger ends ( নখদর্পণে ) All these facts are at his finger ends.
- Bone of contention ( বিবাদের বিষয় ) The paternal property is the bone of contention between the two brothers.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Die in harness ( কর্মরত অবস্থায় মারা যাওয়া ) Dr. Sen died in harness.