Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Cope with ( সামলানো ) I cannot cope with the situation.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Take after ( সদৃশ হওয়া ) The boy takes after his father.
- Cure of ( আরগ্য হওয়া ) He will be cured of the disease very soon.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- At large ( স্বাধীন ) The anti-socials are still at large.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.