Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- Loyal to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is loyal to his master.
- Exempt from ( রেহাই দেওয়া ) He was exempted from the fine.
- Jealous of ( ঈর্ষা পরায়ণ ) I am not at all jealous of his fortune.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- At one’s own sweet will ( খুশি মতো ) He still does it at his own sweet will.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- After all ( সবকিছু সত্ত্বেও ) After all, he is a patriot.