Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Want of ( অভাব ) We have no want of money.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Limit to ( সীমা ) You should have a limit to your demands.
- Oblige to ( বাধিত করা ) I am obliged to him for his co-operation.
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Red tape ( লাল ফিতার বাঁধন ; আমলাতান্ত্রিকতা ) Red tapism causes delay in official work.
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- Moot point ( অমীমাংসিত বিষয় ) Dowry system is still a moot point in Bangladesh.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.