Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Careful of ( যত্নবান ) He is careful of his money.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Bosom friend ( অন্তরঙ্গ বন্ধু ) Rifat is my bosom friend.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.