Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Clue to ( সূত্র ) Find out the clue to the mystery.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.