Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Respect to ( সম্বন্ধে ) We are talking with respect to that matter.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Sure of ( নিশ্চিত ) I am sure of success.
- Partiality for ( পক্ষপাত দুষ্ট ) He has no Partiality for his son.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Maiden speech ( প্রথম বক্তৃতা ) His maiden speech fell flat on the audience.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.