Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Disgusted at ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- Conscious of ( সচেতন ) He is conscious of his weakness.
- By the by ( প্রসঙ্গক্রমে ) By the by I came to know that he was ill.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.
- Book worm ( গ্রন্থকীট ) Don't be a book worm.
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel