Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Eligible for ( যোগ্য ) He is eligible for the post.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Good at ( দক্ষ ) He is good at tennis.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- word of no implication ( কথার কথা )
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions