Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- End in ( শেষ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- a bad apple ( কোনো একটা দলের সব ভালোর মধ্যে খারাপ বা মন্দটা ) In any group of average citizens there are bound to be a few bad apples.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )