Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Boast of ( গর্ব করা ) Do not boast of your wealth.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Afraid of ( ভীত ) I am not afraid of ghosts.
- Rest with ( নির্ভর করা ; বিশ্বাসস্থাপন করা ) The whole matter rests with you.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Slow coach ( অলস প্রকৃতির লোক ) You cannot expect much from a slow coach like him.
- On the spur of the moment ( মুহুর্তের উত্তেজনায় ) He did it on the spur of the moment.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.