Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Avail of ( সুযোগ গ্রহণ করা ) You must avail yourself of the business.
- Look over ( পরীক্ষা করা ) He is looking over the answer papers.
- Affection for ( স্নেহ ) The teacher feels affection for every pupils.
- Eager about ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager about the result.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- by dint of ( ফলে (সাধারণত বল প্রয়োগের ফলে) )
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- ABC ( প্রাথমিক জ্ঞান ) Everybody must know at least the ABC of religion.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.