Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Sensible of ( বোধ সম্পন্ন ) She is sensible of the risk.
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Justice to ( ন্যায় বিচার ) We should do justice to everybody.
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family