Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Pass for ( গণ্য হওয়া ) He passes for a clever man.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Out of order ( বিকল ) This car is out of order.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.
- Make both ends meet ( আয়ব্যয় মেলানো ) I cannot make both ends meet with my small income.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.