Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.
- Lame excuse ( বাজে গুজব ) This lame excuse will to do.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- Heart and soul ( সর্বান্তঃকরণে ) Try heard and soul and you will succeed.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.