Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Comment on ( মন্তব্য করা ) He commented favorably on the point.
- Trust to ( বিশ্বাস করা (ব্যক্তি) ) You may trust the work to me.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Kith and kin ( নিকট আত্মীয় ) He has no good relationship with his kith and kin.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.