Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Lay by ( সঞ্চয় করা ) Lay by something for the old age.
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Subject to ( শর্তাধীন ) This is subject to approval of the committee.
- Jump to ( তাড়াহুড়ো করে সিদ্ধান্তে আসা ) Do not jump to a conclusion without much thinking.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Based on ( ভিত্তি থাকা ) Your remarks were not based on the facts.
- bad debts ( অশোধ্য বা অনাদায়ী ঋন ; যে ঋন শোধ করা যাবে না )
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.