Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- Part with ( বিচ্ছিন্ন হওয়া (কোন জিনিস) ) She parted with the ring.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.