Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Think of ( চিন্তা করা (ব্যক্তি) ) What do you think of (about) him?
- Proportionate to ( আনুপাতিক ) Punishment should be proportionate to offence.
- Limited to ( সীমাবদ্ধ ) Invitation was limited to members only.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- Now and then ( মাঝে মাঝে ) He comes here now and then.