Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Occupied with ( নিয়োজিত (কাজ) ) He is occupied with his studies.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Alternative to ( বিকল্প ) This question is alternative to that.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- By all means ( সবর্প্রকার ) Try to do it by all means.