Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Capacity for ( যোগ্যতা ) He has a capacity for hard work.
- Ambition for ( উচ্চাকাঙ্খা ) He has no ambition for fame in life.
- Rejoice in ( আনন্দ করা ) Every one rejoiced in her success.
- Provide against ( পূর্বে ব্যবস্থা করা ; সরবরাহ করা ) You must provide against evil days for your children.
- Despair of ( নিরাশ হওয়া ) Do not despair of success.
- Abide by ( মেনে চলা ) One should abide by the rules
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- At last ( অবশেষে ) I got my missing book at last.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.