Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Attend on ( সেবা করা ) She attends on her mother.
- Junior to ( নিম্নপদস্থ ; বয়সে কম ) He is junior to me in service.
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.