Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Belong to ( অধিকারে থাকা ) This house is no more belongs to him.
- Fit for ( যোগ্য ) He is not fit for the job.
- Devote to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) He devotes much time to study.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Equal with ( সমতুল্য (ব্যক্তি) ) Mr.Karim is equal in rank with Mr.Rahim.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions