Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- Confident to ( আবদ্ধ (শয্যা) ) He is confined to bed.
- Sensible of ( বোধ সম্পন্ন ) She is sensible of the risk.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- Vexed with ( বিরক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) He is vexed with me at my conduct.
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.