Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Remind of ( মনে করিয়ে দেওয়া (কোনকিছু) ) I reminded him of his promise.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- At one’s wit’s end ( হতবুদ্ধি ) He was at his wit’s end and did not know what to do.
- Fall flat ( ফলপ্রসূ না হওয়া ) My advice feel fiat on him.
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush