Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Invite to ( নিমন্ত্রণ করা ) I invited him to dinner.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Compare to ( তুলনা করা (অসদৃশ বস্তু) ) Anger is compared to fire.
- Pleased with ( সন্তুষ্ট ) I am pleased with him.
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- bad faith ( বিশ্বাসঘাতকতা )
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Get rid of ( মুক্তি পাওয়া ) Try to get rid of that rogue.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.