Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Confident of ( স্থির বিশ্বাসী ) I am confident of success.
- True to ( বিশ্বস্ত ) He is true to his master.
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Overcome with ( দমন করা ) He was overcome with fatigue.
- Vexed for ( বিরক্ত (জিনিস) ) He is vexed with me for opposing him.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- set a naught ( কলা দেখানো )
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- be bad at ( দক্ষ না হওয়া )
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.