Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Wonder at ( অবাক হওয়া ) I wonder at his ignorance.
- Zealous for ( আগ্রহী ) He is zealous for improvement.
- Beware of ( সতর্ক হওয়া ) Beware of pick-pockets.
- Unite with ( ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়া ) Be united with your friends.
- Angry at ( রাগান্বিত (কারো আচরণ) ) I am angry at your conduct.
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.