Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Add to ( যোগ করা ) Add this to that.
- Zeal for ( প্রবল উৎসাহ ) He has a zeal for social work.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- Out of temper ( ক্রুদ্ধ ) He is out of temper now.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- Red letter day ( স্মরণীয় দিন ) The 21 February is a red letter day in the history of Bangladesh.