Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Informed of ( অবহিত ) I was not informed of your misfortune.
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Die by ( মারা যাওয়া (বিষ) ) He died by poison.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Crying need ( জরুরী প্রয়োজন ) Mass education is the crying need of Bangladesh.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.