Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Pretend to ( ভান করা ) He does not pretend to high birth.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Zest for ( অনুরাগ ) She has no zest for music.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) He is a black sheep in his family.
- in the doldrums ( উদাসীন ভাবাপন্ন )
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Dead of night ( মধ্য রাত্রি ) The robbers broke into the house at dead of night.