Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Favourable to ( অনুকূল (ব্যক্তি) ) This situation is favourable to me for doing this.
- Lack of ( অভাব ) I have no lack of friends.
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- Hard nut to crack ( কঠিন সমস্যা ) The problem of adult education is really a hard nut to crack.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Hue and cry ( শোরগোল ) The villagers raised a hue and cry to see the thief.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )