Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Obstacle to ( বাধা ) Poverty is often obstacle to higher studies.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Make out ( বুঝতে পারা ) I cannot make out what you say.
- Count upon ( নির্ভর করা ) I count upon your help for this work.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Enquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- pulling your leg ( কৌতক করা ) Do not take it seriously, i was just pulling you leg
- bunch of fives ( মুষ্টি ; পাঁচ আঙ্গুলের মুঠো ) Rock can break anything with his bunch of fives.
- Cats and dogs ( মূষল ধারে ) It was raining cats and dogs.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- under the weather ( ভাল না ; অসুস্থ ) I've been feeling under the weather
- be on ones back ( একেবারে কুপোকাত )
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions