Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Taste for ( রুচি ) She has no taste for music.
- Popular with ( জনপ্রিয় ) He is popular with all for his good behaviour.
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Differ in ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (মতামত) ) They differ in their opinions.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Call to mind ( স্মরণ করা ) I cannot call to mind your name.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.