Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Wanting in ( বিহীন ) He is wanting in common sense.
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Prohibit from ( বারণ করা ) I prohibited him from going there.
- Quarrel over ( কলহ করা (কোনকিছু) ) They quarreled with one another over the property.
- Catch red handed ( হাতে নাতে ধরা ) The thief was caught red handed.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.
- Do yeoman's service ( বিশেষ উপকার করা ) Raja Rammohan Roy has done yeoman's service to our country.