Learn English by Lessons
Very vs MuchCommonly Confused Words
Very is preceded by Adjective’s positive degree. Much is preceded by comparative degree and past participle.
So vs VeryCommonly Confused Words
So means ‘to a great extent or degree.’ Very emphasizes the degree of something that belongs to or is part of a particular person or thing.
Scarcely vs RarelyCommonly Confused Words
Scarcely means ‘almost nothing’ or ‘almost not’. Rarely means ‘almost never’.
Learn words by topics :
- Acquit of ( খালাস দেওয়া ) High court acquit him of the charge.
- Object to ( আপত্তি করা ) He objected to my proposal.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- Play on ( বাজানো ) He played on guitar.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions