Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Similar to ( সদৃশ ) This pen is similar to that.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Offend against ( লঙ্গন করা ) You have offended against good manners.
- Zealous for ( আগ্রহী ) He is zealous for improvement.
- Qualified for ( যোগ্য ) He is qualified for the post.
- Deal in ( ব্যবসা করা ) He deals in rice.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
- In time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) He reached the station in time.
- a piece of cake ( খুবই সহজ ) This assignment is a piece of cake
- Cut to the quick ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) I was cut to the quick by his words.