Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Satisfaction in ( সন্তোষ ) I find satisfaction in gardening. Great was his satisfaction with her result.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Esteem for ( শ্রদ্ধা ) He has esteem for the superiors.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Sure of ( নিশ্চিত ) I am sure of success.
- Accustomed to ( অভ্যস্ত ) I am accustomed to such a life.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.
- At once back and call ( বাধ্য ) He is always at my back and call.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.