Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Greed for ( লোভ ) He has no greed for wealth.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Engaged in ( নিযুক্ত (কাজে) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Come off with flying colours ( জয়লাভ করা ) Our School team came off with flying colours.
- Bed of roses ( আরামদায়ক অবস্থা ) Life is not a bed of roses.
- Crocodile tears ( ময়া কান্না ) He shed crocodile tears at our misery.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions