Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Owe to ( ঋণী হওয়া ) I owe my all to him.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- Yield to ( আত্মসমর্পণ করা ) He Yielded to his enemy.
- Escape from ( পলায়ন করা ) The prisoner escaped from the jail.
- Prone to ( ঝোঁক আছে এমন ) He is prone to idleness.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- bell the cat ( সর্তকতার জন্য বিড়ালের গলায় ঘন্টা বাধা ; কোন কাজ যেটা অর্জন করা কঠিন বা অসম্ভব ) Everybody is trying but who actually bell the cat?
- As usual ( যথারীতি ) He is late as usual.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- clever hit ( কথার মতন কথা )
- Gala Day ( উৎসবের দিন ) The 15th August is a gala day to the Indians.