Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Quick at ( চটপটে ) He is quick at figures.
- Key to ( সমাধানের উপায় ) He has found out the key to his problem.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- In no time ( শীঘ্র ) He will finish the work in no time.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- Bad blood ( মনোমালিন্য ; শত্রতা ; দ্বেষ ) Now there is bad blood between the two brothers.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.