Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Rich in ( সম্পদশালী ) Bangladesh is rich in minerals.
- Burst into ( ভেঙ্গে পড়া ) He burst into tears at the sad news
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Admit of ( স্বীকৃতি পাওয়া ) Your conduct admits of no excuse.
- Eager for ( আগ্রহী ) He is eager for promotion in service.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- loose cannon ( অপ্রত্যাশিত ) He is a bit of a loose cannon.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.