Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Compete for ( প্রতিযোগিতা করা (কোন কিছু) ) He competed for the first position.
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Contribute to ( দান হিসাবে দেওয়া ) He contributed one thousand taka to the Flood Relief Fund.
- Prior to ( পূর্বে ) Prior to that, he was in a wretched condition.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- reinvent the wheel ( এমন কোনকিছু তৈরিতে সময় নষ্ট করা যা বর্তমানে বিদ্যমান ও ঠিকঠাক কাজ করে ) There's no point in us reinventing the wheel
- As it were ( যেন ) The sun is, as it were , the lamp of the universe.
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions