Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Look up ( শব্দার্থ খোঁজা ) Look up the word in the dictionary.
- Acquainted with ( পরিচিত ) I am acquainted with her.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Die of ( মারা যাওয়া (রোগ) ) He died of cholera.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Lame of ( খোঁড়া ) He is lame of one leg.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.
- In full swing ( পুরাদমে ) The school is now in full swing.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- Turn a deaf ear to ( মনোযোগ না দেওয়া ) He turned a deaf ear to my proposal.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.