Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Confined in ( আবদ্ধ (কক্ষ) ) He is confined in a room for five days.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Indifferent to ( উদাসীন ) He is indifferent to our problem.
- Busy with ( ব্যস্ত ) He is busy with his studies.
- Plead for ( ওকালতি করা (কোনকিছু) ) I pleaded with him for justice (against the wrong done to me).
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Hard and fast ( বাঁধা ধরা ) There is no such hard and fast rule in this matter.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- At a stretch ( একটানা ) He can run ten miles at a stretch.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.