Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Officiate in ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (পদ) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Pass away ( মারা যাওয়া ) He passes away last night.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Complain to ( অভিযোগ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) The complained to the Director against the Manager about her behavior.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Aptitude for ( স্বাভাবিক দক্ষতা ) I have no aptitude for Mathematics.
- At dagger drawn ( খড়গহস্ত ) The two brothers are now at daggers drawn.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
- Null and void ( বাতিল ) The deed has been null and void now.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- A slow coach ( কর্মকুণ্ঠ ও মন্থর ব্যাক্তি ) Roky is known as a slow coach to his friend circle.