Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Quick of ( চটপটে ) He is quick of understanding.
- Compare to ( তুলনা করা (অসদৃশ বস্তু) ) Anger is compared to fire.
- Angry for ( রাগান্বিত (কোন কিছু) ) I am angry for something.
- Trust with ( বিশ্বাস করা (জিনিস) ) You may trust me with the work.
- Enquire of ( অনুসন্ধান করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He enquired of me into the matter.
- Bring to book ( শাস্তি দেওয়া ) He should be brought to book for his misconduct.
- A rainy day ( দুর্দিন ) Everybody should save something for rainy day.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- To the backbone ( হাড়ে হাড়ে ) The boy is wicked to the backbone.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.