Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Destined to ( ভাগ্য নির্দিষ্ট ) He was destined to death.
- Comment on ( মন্তব্য করা ) He commented favorably on the point.
- Dedicate to ( উৎসর্গ করা ) This book is dedicated to his father.
- Open to ( উন্মুক্ত ) His plan is open to objection.
- Live beyond ( বাঁচা ) He lives beyond his means.
- Void of ( বিহীন ) He is void of common sense.
- vile sycophant ( খঁয়ের খা )
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- Widow's mite ( দরিদ্রর ক্ষুদ্র দান ) A widow's mite is no less important than a large contribution of a rich man.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- In the long run ( পরিশেষে ) You will have to suffer in the long run.