Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Burst out ( ফেটে পড়া ) He burst out laughing at my joke.
- Look for ( খোঁজা ) I am looking for a good job.
- Send for ( ডেকে পাঠানো ) Send for a doctor immediately.
- Offensive to ( বিরক্তিকর ) This acrid smell is offensive to me.
- Officiate for ( পরিবর্তে কাজ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He officiated for me in that post.
- Apply to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He applied to he Secretary for the post.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- On the whole ( মোটের উপর ) On the whole, his conduct is good.
- Bag and baggage ( তল্পিতল্পাসহ ) He left the place bag and baggage.
- By far ( সর্বাংশে ) He is by far the best boy in the class.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.