Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Disgusted with ( বিরক্ত ) I am disgusted with him at his conduct.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Adjacent to ( সংলগ্ন ) Her college is adjacent to her house.
- Need for ( প্রয়োজনীয় ) I have no need for more money.
- Inferior to ( নিকৃষ্ট ; হীন ) He is inferior to his neighbour.
- Man of letters ( পন্ডিত লোক ) Sir Ashutosh Mukherjee was a man of letters.
- Slip of the pen ( লেখায় অসতর্কতাবশতঃ সামান্য ভুল ) This mistake is due to a slip of the pen.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- Come to light ( প্রকাশিত হওয়া ) Their private talk has come to light at last.
- Turn over a new leaf ( নূতনের সূচনা ) After his failure he turned over a new leaf.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.