Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Apply for ( আবেদন করা (কোন কিছু) ) He applied to the Secretary for the post.
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Tolerant of ( সহিষ্ণু ) We must be tolerant of opposition.
- Aim at ( লক্ষ্য করা ) He aimed his gun at he bird.
- Live by ( কোন উপায়ে বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives by honest means.
- Aware of ( সচেতন ) Man should aware of the danger of environment pollution.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )
- Take to one's heels ( ছুটিয়া পালানো ) The thieves took to their heels to see the police.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- At sixes and sevens ( বিশৃঙ্খলা অবস্থায় ) All the furniture in the room were at sixes and sevens.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- the exact point ( কাঁটায়-কাঁটায় )