Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Tell upon ( ক্ষতি করা ) Over-eating tells upon health.
- Quarrel with ( কলহ করা (ব্যক্তি) ) They quarreled with one another for the property.
- Retire from ( অবসর লওয়া ) He retired from service on a pension.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Fill with ( পরিপূর্ণ ) This tank is filled with water.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.