Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Entitled to ( অধিকারী ) He is entitled to a reward for his honesty.
- Relevant to ( প্রাসঙ্গিক ) Your remark is not relevant to the point.
- Argue for ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him for the point.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Provide against ( পূর্বে ব্যবস্থা করা ; সরবরাহ করা ) You must provide against evil days for your children.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- Dead language ( যে ভাষা এখন আর কথ্য নয় ) Sanskrit is a rich language, but it is now a dead language.
- In order to ( উদ্দেশ্য ) He came here in order to meet my mother.
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- Sink in ( আবদ্ধ হওয়া, ডুবে যাওয়া ) He sank in mud or the ship sank into the sea.