Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Listen to ( শোনা ) Listen to the news on the radio.
- According to ( অনুসারে ) According to his order i went there.
- Proud of ( গর্বিত ) He is proud of his position.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Out of doors ( বাহিরে ) It is rather cold out of doors.
- At all events ( যাই ঘটুক সব ক্ষেত্রেই ) I shall stand by him at all events.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Hold good ( প্রযুক্ত হওয়া ) This ruls will not hold good here.