Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Triumph over ( জয় করা ) Jim and Della triumphed over their poverty.
- Differ from ( ভিন্নরূপ হওয়া ) This thing differs from that.
- Ashamed for ( লজ্জিত ) I feel ashamed for you.
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Sensitive to ( সংবেদনশীল ) She is sensitive to cold.
- Lion's share ( সিংহভাগ ) He took the lion's share of the profit.
- Take one to task ( তিরস্কার করা ) He was taken to task for negligence of duty.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Three R's ( প্রাথমিক শিক্ষা ) The majority of our people have not yet learnt the three R's.
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.