Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Control over ( নিয়ন্ত্রণ ) He has no control over his brother.
- Insist on ( জিদ করা ) He insisted on my going home.
- Look after ( দেখাশোনা করা ) There is none to look after her.
- Due to ( কারণে ) His absence is due to illness.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Heir of ( উত্তরাধিকারী (ব্যক্তি) ) He is the heir of his uncle.
- In vogue ( চালু ) This custom is not in vogue now.
- Big gun ( নেতৃস্থানীয় ব্যক্তি ) He is a big gun of our locality.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- Dead against ( তীব্র বিরোধী ) I am dead against his proposal.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- At random ( বেপরোয়া ; এলোমেলো ) He hit the ball at random.