Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Engaged with ( নিযুক্ত (ব্যক্তি) ) I was engaged with him in talk.
- Live within ( বাঁচা ) He live within his means
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Impose on ( চাপানো ) The task was imposed on him.
- Desire for ( ইচ্ছা ) He has no desire for fame.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Household word ( সকলের পরিচিত নাম ) Mother Teresa's name has now become a household word.
- Steer clear of ( এড়াইয়া চলা ) You must steer clear of evil company.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- big cheese ( দলের বা পরিবারের সবচেয়ে গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ব্যক্তি ) He is the big cheese who control everything in our group.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions