Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Search of ( অনুসন্ধানে ব্যস্ত ) They are in search of nice bird.
- Capable to ( সক্ষম ) He is capable of doing this alone.
- Dispose of ( বিক্রয় করা ) He disposed of his books.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Blind to ( দোষের প্রতি অন্ধ ) He is blind to his won faults.
- Wish for ( আকাঙ্খা করা ) I do not wish for name and fame.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- A blessing in disguise ( বিপরীতে হিত ; প্রথমে খারাপ হিসেবে মনে হলেও পরবর্তীতে ভালো হয় ) Sam's motorcycle accident was a blessing in disguise because he got enough insurance money.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- Turn down ( প্রত্যাখান করা ) He turned down my proposal.
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.