Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Kind to ( সদয় ) She is very kind to the children.
- Favourable for ( অনুকূল (কোনকিছু) ) This situation is favorable to me for doing this.
- Guess at ( অনুমান করা ) Can you guess at her age?
- Opportunity for ( সুযোগ ) I have no opportunity for (of) doing the work.
- Encroach on ( অনধিকার প্রবেশ করা ) Do not encroach on my land.
- Slow of ( ধীর ) He is slow of speech. He is slow at figures. He is slow in writing.
- End in smoke ( ব্যর্থ হওয়া ) All his plans ended in smoke.
- At stake ( বিপন্ন ) His life is at stake now.
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Burning question ( তীব্র বিতর্কের বিষয় ) The problem of the dowry system is the burning question of the day.
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.
- Ins and outs ( খুঁটিনাটি সব কিছু ) I know the ins and outs of the matter.