SYNONYM disorder ; shame ; embarrassment ; loss of self-possession ; mistaking one thing for another.
EXAMPLE In the confusion that followed he left the place
Next : confutablePrevious : confuse
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Comment on ( মন্তব্য করা ) He commented favorably on the point.
- Differ on ( ভিন্ন মত হওয়া (ব্যপার) ) I differ with you on this point.
- Plead with ( ওকালতি করা (ব্যক্তি) ) I pleaded with him for justice.
- Weary of ( ক্লান্ত ) He is weary of hard life.
- Worthy of ( যোগ্য ) He is worthy of our praise.
- Pride on ( গর্ব করা ) He prides himself on his high birth.
- At a loss ( হতবু্দ্ধি ; কিংকর্তব্যবিমূঢ় ) He was at a loss and did not know what to do.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- Call a spade a spade ( অপ্রিয় সত্য কথা বলা ) I have no hesitation to call a spade a spade.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- A bed of roses thorns ( কন্টকময় জীবন ) Life is nothing but a bed of roses.
- Up and downs ( উন্থানপতন ) There are ups and downs in a man's life.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions