SYNONYM disorder ; shame ; embarrassment ; loss of self-possession ; mistaking one thing for another.
EXAMPLE In the confusion that followed he left the place
Next : confutablePrevious : confuse
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Abound with ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) The ocean abounds with fish.
- Wait on ( সেবা করা ) The nurse waited on the patient.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Prefer to ( অধিক পছন্দ করা ) I prefer coffee to tea.
- Accompanied by ( সঙ্গী হওয়া ) He was accompanied by his father.
- Bird of a feather ( এক রকম স্বভাবের লোক ) Birds of a feather flock together.
- On the contrary ( বিপরীত পক্ষে ) I do not hate him: on the contrary I love him.
- Bring to light ( প্রকাশ করা ) At last all the facts were brought to light.
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Fight shy ( এড়িয়ে চলা ) Why do you fight shy of your teacher.
- Cut a sorry figure ( খারাপ ফল করা ) He cuts a sorry figure in the examination.