SYNONYM disorder ; shame ; embarrassment ; loss of self-possession ; mistaking one thing for another.
EXAMPLE In the confusion that followed he left the place
Next : confutablePrevious : confuse
Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
BusinessView all ›
- Succeed in ( সাফল্য লাভ করা ) He will succeed in life.
- Callous to ( উদাসীন ) He is callous to my suffering.
- Comment on ( মন্তব্য করা ) He commented favorably on the point.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Close to ( নিকটে ) The school is very close to our house.
- but me no buts ( কিন্তু কিন্তু করো না )
- walk in someone shoes ( কারো অভিজ্ঞতা বা অবস্থানে থাকা বোঝায় ) When you walk in my shoes, you might understand.
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- keep your chin up ( সুখি হওয়া ) His attempt keep your chin up
- In the nick of time ( ঠিক সময়ে ) The school team arrived in the nick of time.
- Out of the wood ( বিপদমুক্ত ) He is not yet out of the wood.