Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Vain of ( অহঙ্কারী ) She is vain of her beauty.
- Envy of ( ঈর্ষা ) I have no envy of him.
- Vary from ( আলাদা হওয়া ) His opinion varies from his brother's.
- Access to ( প্রবেশ অধিকার ) Public has no access to this area.
- Come of ( জন্মগ্রহণ করা ) He comes of a noble family.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- be up and doing ( উঠে-পড়ে লাগা )
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- In one's teens ( তের থেকে উনিশ বছর বয়সের মধ্যে ) She is yet in her teens.
- At arm’s length ( দূরে ) Try to keep the bad boy at arm’s length.
- Stone's throw ( অতি নিকটে ) Our school is at a stone's throw form our house.