Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Different from ( পৃথক ) This book is different from that.
- Addicted to ( আসক্ত ) He is addicted to separate.
- Grateful to ( কৃতজ্ঞ (ব্যক্তি) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Restrict to ( সীমাবব্ধ করা ) Admission was restricted to students.
- Aloof from ( দূরে থাকা ) Keep yourself aloof from bad company.
- Gift of the gab ( বাককটুতা ) An advocate should have the gift of the gab.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- Hush money ( ঘুষ ) He offered a hush money to suppress the murder.
- Hold water ( ধোপে টেকা ; কার্যকরি হওয়া ) This policy will not hold water in this situation.