Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Care of ( যত্ন নেওয়া ) Take care of your health.
- Believe in ( বিশ্বাস করা ) I do not believe in his honesty.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Appeal to ( আবেদন করা (ব্যক্তি) ) He appealed to the Headmaster for pardon.
- Equal to ( সমতুল্য (কাজ) ) He rose equal to the occasion.
- Man of straw ( অপদার্থ লোক ) We do not care a fig for a man of straw like him.
- In a nut shell ( খুব সংক্ষেপে ) Tell the story in a nut shell.
- By fits and starts ( অনিয়মিত ; মাঝে মাঝে ) He works by fits and starts.
- Rank and file ( সাধারণ লোক ) We should pay attention to the rank and file of the country.
- A bed of roses ( সুখ-স্বাচ্ছন্দ্যপূর্ণ জীবন ) Many people think that life is a bed of roses
- By leaps and bounds ( অতি দ্রুতগতিতে ) The population of Bangladesh is increasing by leaps and bounds.