Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Argue against ( যূক্তি দেখানো (কোন কিছু) ) I argued with him against the point.
- Indebted to ( ঋণী ; কৃতজ্ঞ ) I am indebted to him for this help.
- Preferable to ( অধিক পছন্দযোগ্য ) Death is preferable to dishonor.
- Useful for ( প্রয়োজনীয় (উদ্দেশ্য) ) This book is useful to us for examination.
- Mourn for ( শোক করা ) Don't mourn for the dead.
- Stare at ( একদৃষ্টিতে তাকানো ) She stared at me.
- At a low ebb ( নিম্নমুখী ) His fame is at a low ebb now.
- At home ( দক্ষ ) He is at home in mathematics.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- On the wane ( হ্রাসমান ) His fame is on the wane now.
- host in himself ( একাই একশ )
- Chip of the old block ( বাপকা বেটা ) He is a chip of the old black.