Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Resign to ( আত্মসমর্পন করা (স্বয়ং) ) I resigned myself to fate
- Mad with ( উন্মাদ প্রায় ) He is mad with pain.
- Interest in ( আগ্রহ ) He has a special interest in history.
- Grateful for ( কৃতজ্ঞ (কোনকিছু) ) I am grateful to you for your help.
- Attend to ( মনোযোগ দেওয়া ) Attend to your lesson.
- breathe out ( নিঃশ্বাস ত্যাগ করা ) At last, he breathed his last breath out, and that was the end.
- Of course ( অবশ্যই ) Of course, you know what that means
- Breathe one's last ( মারা যাওয়া ) The old man breathed his last on Sunday last.
- Apple of discord ( বিবাদেয় বিষয় ) The paternal property has become an apple of discord between the two brothers.
- To and fro ( এদিন-ওদিক ) Being unable to make up his mind the man is walking to and fro.
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.