Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Preside over ( সভাপতিত্ব করা ) He presided over the meeting.
- Absorbed in ( নিবিষ্ট ; মগ্ন ) Scientist is absorbed in experiment
- Admit to ( ভর্তি করা ) Khadil was admitted to university.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Consist of ( গঠিত হওয়া ) This class consists of fifty boys and thirty girls.
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- In a fix ( মুশকিলে পতিত ) He is in a fix and does not know what to do.
- At the eleventh hour ( শেষ মুহূর্তে ) he doctor came to the patient at the eleventh hour.
- to the bad ( মন্দাবস্থায় ; ঘাটতি অবস্থায় )
- Above board ( সংশয়হীন ভাবে নির্দোষ ) His activities are open and above board.
- Flesh and blood ( রক্তমাংসের শরীর ) Flesh and blood cannot bear with such insults.
- bad shoot ( অসংগত অনুমান )