Related Phrase, Idioms or a. prep.:
Share 'con' with others:
Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Provide with ( সরবরাহ করা (কোন জিনিস) ) I provide (supply) him with food.
- Alarmed at ( আতঙ্কিত ) We were alarmed at he news.
- Prevent from ( বারণ করা ; প্রতিরোধ করা ) I prevented him from going there.
- Displeased at ( অসন্তুষ্ট ) I am displeased with him at his conduct.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- Hunger for ( তীব্র আকাঙ্খা ) His hunger for knowledge surprised us.
- By and large ( প্রধানতঃ ) People in our village are by and large farmers.
- At all ( আদৌ ) He does not know French at all.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Beat black and blue ( প্রচন্ড প্রহার করা ; উত্তম-মধ্যম দেওয়া ) They beat the thief black and blue.
- In fine ( পরিশেষ ) In fine he declared his plan.
- To the contrary ( কাহারও বক্তব্যের বিপক্ষে ) In the court he said nothing to the contrary.