Related Phrase, Idioms or a. prep.:
Share 'con' with others:
Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Responsible for ( দায়ী (কোন কার্জ) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Pleased at ( সন্তুষ্ট (কোনকিছু) ) I am pleased at the news.
- Live for ( বেঁচে থাকা ) He lives for fame.
- Hanker after ( লালায়িত হওয়া ) Do not hanker after wealth.
- Senior to ( বয়সে বড়, উচ্চপদস্থ ) He is senior to me by four years.
- Persist in ( লেগে থাকা ) He persisted in disturbing me.
- Read between the lines ( তাৎপর্য বোঝা ) Try to read between the lines of the letter.
- Part and parcel ( অবিচ্ছেদ্য অংশ ) Discipline is part and parcel of administration.
- In cold blood ( ঠান্ডা মাথায় ) They committed this murder in cold blood.
- From hand to mouth ( দিন আনে দিন খায় ) The poor man lives form hand to mouth.
- harp on the same string ( এক কথা বারবার বলা )
- By and by ( শীঘ্র ) He will come here by and by.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions