Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Obsessed by ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed by the idea.
- Anxious for ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is anxious for getting a job.
- Anxious about ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) I am anxious about my health.
- Annoyed for ( বিরক্ত (কোন কিছু) ) I was annoyed for the music.
- Bound for ( যাত্রার জন্য প্রস্তুত ) The ship is bound for England.
- Responsible to ( দায়ী (প্রাধিকার) ) He is responsible to the committee for his action.
- Square meal ( পেট ভরা আহার ) He is too poor to have a square meal every day.
- Call in question ( সন্দেহ করা ) No one can call his honesty in question.
- All on a sudden ( হঠাৎ ) All on a sudden a tiger came out of the bush.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Bid fair ( ভালো কিছু আশা করা ) He bids fair to be a good doctor.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions