Learn English by Lessons
Shade & ShadowCommonly Confused Words
Shade means relative darkness caused by light rays being intercepted by an opaque body. Shadow means a dark shape created by an object blocking a source of light.
Scene & SceneryCommonly Confused Words
Scene means a part of a play, book, film etc in which a particular event takes place. Scenery means the appearance of a place.
Play & GameCommonly Confused Words
Play vs Game: Play means the activity by children that is guided more by imagination than by fixed rules; a dramatic work intended for performance by actors on a stage.
Learn words by topics :
- Obsessed with ( উদ্বিগ্ন ) He is obsessed with the idea.
- Prompt at ( চটপটে (ব্যক্তিত্ব) ) He is prompt at figures.
- Jump at ( আগ্রহ সহকারে গ্রহণ করা ) Do not jump at the offer.
- Weak of ( দূর্বল ) He is weak of understanding.
- Rob of ( অপহরণ করা ) Somebody robbed him of his purse.
- Absent from ( অনুপস্থিত ) Rifat was absent from college.
- To the letter ( অক্ষরে অক্ষরে ) He followed my advice to the letter.
- A black sheep ( কুলাঙ্গার ) Tom is a black sheep in their family
- throw dust in ones hands full ( কারো চোখে ধূলো দেওয়া )
- Take to heart ( মর্মাহত হওয়া ) He took his remark to heart.
- when pigs fly ( কখনও না ) I will help you when pigs fly
- A bolt from the blue ( সম্পূর্ন অপ্রত্যাশিত ) The news of his father's death came to him as a bolt from the blue.