Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Opposite to ( বিপরীত ) Your idea is opposite to mine.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Consistent with ( সামঞ্জস্যপূর্ণ ) Your action is not consistent with the rules.
- Comply with ( মেনে নেওয়া ) I shall comply with your request.
- Dislike for ( অপছন্দ ) He has dislike for dogs.
- Long for ( কামনা করা ) He longed for fame.
- pound of flesh ( এক চুল এদিক ওদিক নয় )
- By hook or by crook ( যে কোন উপায়ে ) You must do this work by hook or by crook.
- Head and ears ( সম্পূর্ণরূপে ) He is over head and ears in debt.
- In vain ( বৃথা ) All his attempts were in vain.
- As if ( যেন ) He swims so beautifully as if he is the Olympic gold medalist.
- Beat about the bush ( কাজের কথায় না এসে আজেবাজে কথা বলা ) Please come to the point without beating about the bush