Learn English by Lessons
By And By vs GraduallyCommonly Confused Words
By and by means ‘after a short and/or undetermined period of time.’ Gradually refers to something happening in a gradual way; slowly; by degrees.
Before vs AgoCommonly Confused Words
Before refers to ‘at any time past now/then’ counting back from a past moment. Ago is used to refer a time expression to count back from the present.
At Present vs PresentlyCommonly Confused Words
At present means a moment or period in time which is not past and not future but between them. Presently also means “now” which is most often used with the present tense and presently in the use of future tense means ‘soon.'
Learn words by topics :
- Difference between ( পার্থক্য ) There is no difference between the two brothers.
- Talk to ( কথা বলা (ব্যক্তি) ) I am talking to (with) Mr. Roy.
- Offended at ( বিরক্ত (কোন কাজে) ) I am offended with you at your conduct.
- Affectionate to ( স্নেহশীল ) He is affectionate to me.
- Sanguine of ( নিশ্চিত ) She is sanguine of her success.
- Interfere in ( হস্তক্ষেপ করা (কোন ব্যপার) ) Do not interfere in my job.
- till the cows come home ( অনেক সময় ধরে ) I could play outside till the cows come home
- In lieu of ( পরিবর্তে ) Give me this pen in lieu of that.
- Out of sorts ( ঈষৎ অসুস্থ ) He is out of sorts now.
- Pros and cons ( খুঁটিনাটি ) You should consider the Pros and cons of the system.
- All but ( প্রায় ) The poor villagers are all but ruined.
- Weal and woe ( সুখ-দুঃখ ) Human life is full of weal and woe.
প্রবাদ বাক্য (Bengali & English) Download Translation App
Bangla To English
Phrases, Idioms & App. Prepositions