Learn English by Lessons
Theatre & PlayCommonly Confused Words
Theatre mean a building, room, or outside area used for performing plays. A play is a dramatic work that's written to be staged in a theater and in front of an audience.
Street & RoadCommonly Confused Words
Street is a road in a town or city with houses or other buildings along it. Road is a way that leads from one place to another.
Story & HistoryCommonly Confused Words
Story normally means a piece of fiction that narrates a chain of related events. History is the record or narrative description of past events.
Learn words by topics :
- Favour with ( অনুগত করা ) Would you favour me with an early reply?
- Distinguish between ( প্রভেদ করা ) Distinguish between a phrase and a clause.
- Fond of ( অনুরাগী ) Children are fond of sweets.
- Abound in ( প্রচুর পরিমাণে থাকা ) Fish abounds in this river.
- Deaf to ( শুনতে অনিচ্ছুক ) He is deaf to my request.
- Diffident of ( সন্দিগ্ধ ) I am diffident of success.
- Set free ( মুক্ত করা ) The prisoners were set free.
- know from a bare hint ( এক আঁচরেই বোঝা )
- Curry favour ( তোষামোদ করিয়ে প্রিয় হওয়া ) He knows how to curry favour with officers.
- blue blood ( অভিজাত বংশের রক্ত বহনকারী )
- Wild goose chase ( পন্ডশ্রম ) Do not waste time in wild goose chase.
- Build castles in the air ( আকাশ কুসুম চিন্তা করা ) Don't idle away your time in building castles in the air.